Tuesday 31 May 2011

A hidden gem

I had to wait in the car today while John attended to some bank work at his branch in Kilpauk. As we turned into the compound and drove around the bank building to park in the rear I saw this beautiful building that is totally hidden from the main road.

It houses the Tamil Nadu Naval Unit NCC and was painted a lovely rich ochre colour. The louvred windows, the railings, trellises and eaves were a grey-blue and the plaster balustrades were white. I didn't get as much time as I thought I would since banks have become faster of late so I took a picture and hopefully will attempt a water-colour of this soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the owners appreciate what they have and do not have a sudden urge for a "modern" looking building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so too! Already they have painted some of the fat round columns like candy sticks with alternating spirals of red blue and white! Though the whole building isn't as well proportioned. I particularly liked this corner of it a lot.

    ReplyDelete